- 11 (Registered)
- 5 SIDC CPE points
- 4 FIMM CPD points
ICF Competency Type / Title / Level
- Core / Ethics & Integrity / Level 3
- Recognise the concept of market manipulation
- Explain different types of information-based market manipulation and consequences using real life examples
- Demonstrate a professional and ethical manner
- Apply appropriate methods to protect oneself from market manipulation
In order to maintain the integrity of capital markets, it is essential that financial professionals do not undertake any activity to manipulate the market. Market manipulation occurs when a financial professional has an interest in a movement in the price of a security or a financial product and is in a position to change the price through the information they give or conceal from others and from the way in which they buy or sell the product.
This course will examine what constitutes information-based market manipulation and the related illegal market conduct. It will involve a mix of presentation and case-based discussion. It is designed to suit the needs of financial market professionals.
Market Manipulation and Market Forces
Different Types of Information-based Market Manipulation
How to Protect Oneself
- 5 SIDC CPE Points
- 4 FIMM CPD Points